9' ft Lord Nelson 41' cutter 1982
Fair Wind is a solid world cruiser with recent new engine, electronics, and bottom lay-up.
ACCOMMODATIONS & LAYOUT:
Chains locker in fore-peak; private FORWARD CABIN with side entering Pullman double berth with a real mattress not a foam cushion to port, curved settee, hanging locker, 5 drawers, 3 cabinets and storage bin under berth. Followed by double entry HEAD with a Lavac marine toilet. Head output hose is disconnected and capped for Great Lakes use (the removed hose will come with the boat), shower, vanity with marble counter and mirror. Next aft is MAIN SALOON with large U-shaped settee and fixed pedestal teak dinette table with inlaid chessboard and storage under; unique access to refrigerator from dinette settee. Starboard settee pulls our to become a berth with filler cushion, sliding door storage under. Grey-blue cloth upholstered cushions. Beveled glass wine/glass locker with bottle storage under. Aft facing the NAVIGATION STATION to starboard with chart table extending over the starboard settee. 5 cabinets w/double doors and outboard book shelves port and starboard. A U-shaped GALLEY is at the foot of companionway ladder to port. Companionway steps with built-in storage, teak stair rail and brass grab rail. AFT CABIN to starboard is private with a double berth with a newer custom foam mattress (with interior, anti-mildew Sunbrella fabric cover), seat, storage bin, shelf storage, hanging locker, sink, vanity mirror and marble counter. AFT CABIN to port is a single berth with sleeping area and a small storage space. There is a brass reading-lamp in each of the berths and one halogen reading light over the starboard settee. Both quarter-berths have tapestry drapes for the doorways.
The interior has 63 headroom and a solid teak and holly sole with marine grade plywood backing. Scored headliner. Hand crafted louvered doors on lockers. The hull and cabin have been insulated to provide moister and temperature control. There are three hatches with wood frame screens and 14 bronze opening ports with screens. There are two 12v Hella-fans, red/white floor courtesy lights and the storage space for extended cruising is surprisingly abundant throughout and even include a small hidden compartment for valuables and documents. There is an engine-water heated Whisper cabin heater under the port dinette seat.
Fair Winds warm interior of richly crafted Burmese teak staving features newly re-plated brass hardware and fittings, solid rosewood compression post, inlaid marble chess table, new Chelsea brass clock and barometer and a hanging brass ships lantern plus two wall mounted, gimbaled oil lamps. There are interior sun / privacy covers for all the portals and exterior covers for the three hatches.
Fair Winds galley is designed for efficient meal preparation at sea, as well as dockside live aboard convenience. For security at sea, a unique niche is provided to hold the cook in position in even the roughest offshore conditions. The oven is protected with a stainless steel safety bar with a harness and pad-eyes. There is voluminous storage for crockery and passage-making provisions, and extra light is provided with two florescent lights.
The galley is U-shaped and located aft to port with double sink in center of boat creating niche between sink and refrigerator. Three-burner Force 10 propane stove/Oven/Broiler 97 with stainless safety bar is opposite sink; behind the stove are shelves with sliding doors. There is Grunert 12v refrigeration/ice cube maker. There are four drawers and storage under sink. Formica counter tops; hot and cold pressure water; fresh and salt water hand pumps; shelves with sliding doors the entire length of galley; dry storage; two spice racks; towel rack. The hot water tank heats from either the internal engine cooling water or 120v when hooked to shore power.
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT:
· Radar Raytheon 4x, with 10 Color display (2001).
· GPS/Chartplotter Ratheon Chart plotter and WAAS GPS. The display is mounted at Nav station and connected to Radar Screen for GPS/Chart interfaces. The GPS/WAAS antenna is mounted atop the Radar dome on the Questus floating backstay radar mount (2001).
· VHF Horizon Intrepid with DSC and a remote cockpit Microphone (2000).
· ST50 Wind, Knot Meter/Log, and Depth gauges with Nav. Station repeater.
· Two battery banks: #1 (House bank new 2003) 4 - 255 AH 6 Volt deep cycle; #2 (Reserve/Starting new 2004) 2 75 AH 12 Volt dual purpose.
· Link 2000 battery monitor (2003).
· WindBugger wind generator with voltage regulator/cutoff.
· Alpha 3000 autopilot: cockpit control panel, under deck hydraulics, and remote controls.
· 406mhz EPIRB (2001).
DECK & SAIL INFORMATION
· Two bow anchors 45# CQR with 420 3/8 BBB Chain and 44 # Bruce with 70 3/8 BBB chain and 160 Nylon rode. A Lofrans Tigress windlass (new wiring, solenoids, and switches in 2001) is mounted just in front of the Sampson Post.
· Two head sails Jib and Yankee. (We use the Yankee most of the time).
· Two Staysails - The standard sail (reefable) and a storm staysail.
· Full Battened main with three reef points.
· All sails were professionally inspected and repaired effected in 2001. Lazy Jacks, staysail sheets, reefing lines, and roller furling line all replaced in the last 4 years.
· New Anderson primary winches in 2002.
· Stern mounted third anchor Danforth with rode.
· O/B Motor mount and motor lift attachment points on stern pulpit.
· New (2002) Cruising Genniker (Red, White, and Blue) made in 2002. Includes snuffer, sheets, downhaul, and bow hardware.
· 4 winch handles. Cockpit cover with rain catcher zips to dodger. Swim ladder. Firdell radar reflector.
· Full boat tent. Light weight. Protects the whole doghouse and cockpit from the sun.
· American flag on wood pole for mounting at the stern.
· Monitor wind vane steering.
· A new 75 hp Yanmar diesel engine (4JH3-TE), transmission, Racor filter, shaft-saver, cutlass bearing, and exhaust system were all installed in 2003. The Yanmar Cruising Spares package is included. New control cables and soundproofing were done at the same time. The fuel hoses were replaced in 2001.
· A Bal-mar high output alternator with external three-stage regulator with a 4-position battery switch with alternator field control (2002). (The alternator that came with the new engine is the spare).
· New bottom. Pealed and re-layed up in 2000.
· All interior freshwater plumbing has been replaced: hoses, faucets, hand pumps, accumulator tank, and shower controls (2001).
· ProSine 1000 AC inverter (2001).
· Xantrex TruCharge 40 Amp. 2-bank, 3-stage battery charger (2002).
· A new cigarette lighter style outlet and 6-switch circuit breaker were added at top of companionway when engine control panel was installed.
· New propane regulator controls with propane sensor, alarm, and automatic shutoff.
· Freshwater and shower sump pumps (2002).
· New double-walled head hoses (2000).
· Jensen MDC9645W AM/FM stereo, CD player, Tape deck with two interior speakers (there are speaker wires pulled thru to the front of the cockpit area for use with remote speakers). This is attached to the same mast mounted antenna the VHF uses (a transmission signal cutoff switch protects the radio when the VHF is transmitting) (2000).
· Samson Post has just been re-bedded (2005).
· 7 jack stands.
· Companionway screens and storm boards.
· Binnacle Compass Will give $500 allowance for new compass (We need to take the one currently on the boat).
Cruiser (sail) boat 1982 forsalecutter boat for sale, new sailboats 41' cutter for sale, cruiser (sail) boat 1982 forsale, sell michigan boats, 1982 lord nelson named fair winddraft is 5'0" ft / 1.5 m, beam is 12'0" ft /3.7 m, in michigan. Cutter (7 places to sleep). 0 yanmar inboard 4-cyl boat engine manufacturer. 41' cutter sailboat review, boat length is 41 ft. Used fiberglass/composite lord nelson boat in very good condition for $154900 price. Sailboat listing with picture, boats pics.
Similar boats for sale